Friday, April 29, 2011

Illustration Friday "He He He...That'll Teach Him A Lesson!!"

"He He He, that'll teach him a lesson!"  18x 12"  Pastel Pencil
OK, so I took a sketch I worked on a few weeks ago for IF topic "Toy" and finished it in color for this week's topic "Lesson". I know I cheated a bit. Oh well, such are my mischievous ways. I think staring at this bear for a long time influenced me! Anyway, I thought it appropriate since the little devil of a bear here is booting clutsy rescue guy off the shelf for good. How dare he think for a minute he can share space with someone of such furry distinction! "That'll teach him a lesson!!"Green squiggly alien man is scared out of his mind he'll be the next once noticed. Poor thing.  My 8 yr old son enjoyed this piece a lot since his prized possession, the bear, is at the center of it all. Hope you enjoy. 

19 comments:

  1. I remember this one. made me laugh the first and then all over again now. Love that evil teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Giselle! Clever way to reincorporate the evil Teddy! Nice work..... he is a bit scary :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope i didn't spook you Jack!!!!! :))Thanks Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great in color. The evil teddy bear looks even more evil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this in colour! Aw... that teddy still gives me the heebie-jeebies though. You've really nailed that expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just noticed on your profile that you live in Stony Point, NY. so do I!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's a pretty evil bear, the other toys better watch out! Very colorful. Thanks for commenting on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see this one in color! Made me smile all over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew there was more than a little mischief at work here! Great job, and love to see a piece revisited!
    Also want to say that I like your new portrait you posted! Very cool! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the wonderful feedback everyone!IF is so much fun to be a part of. Gotta check out this week's topic next and get started. Glad you like my new portrait Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too funny! I laughed out loud. Love the evil face and the book titles. Wonderful work. As always, so many thanks for visiting my blog. It means a lot when! And I'm looking forward to seeing you fine art pieces you've been working on. I hope you'll be posting those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this! My boys would love this too. Your blog is a delight and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Crystal! Thanks for the feedback and follow! Glad you enjoyed. Working on my fine art stuff as well.Check out my other blog if you like at www.musingsbygm.blogspot.com. Trying to keep up with both.

    ReplyDelete