Wednesday, March 09, 2011

"Warning" Do Not Touch!- Illustration Friday

"Warning" - Do Not Touch
Pastel on Paper 11x14
Well, looks like she finally got away from him! Thought I would throw some Mark Rothko interpretations up on the gallery walls here to add some color and humor to the piece, I hope. Little smarty pants ( or skirt I should say) is the embodiment of every little, bored kid I've seen hundreds of times at fancy shmancy art museums that wants to reek havoc. My parents used to take me to museums all the time when I was young and I've heard I drove them nuts, hmm really - a toddler at the Met how so? Craaaaazzzzy. Their pain and struggle to educate and expose me to the marvels of the art world certainly stuck though. Nothing I love more now than my own kids is this thing called ART.
 With regard to the illo though, seems like it took me forever to come up with an idea for the topic this week. Low and behold I always come back to my own experiences to draw from and try to incoporate a little more- a stretch of the imagination you could say? I have seen situations like the one above come close to fruition but the museum guards are usually ready to jump on it. Anyway, hope you enjoy this. I thought her drawing on the black and gray one was appropriate for her age group since she could associate it with a blackboard - hee hee. Ahh- the beauty of innocence. I think she adds something to it anyway!





26 comments:

  1. I love your humor! The smiley face on the painting is priceless, all of the interaction is perfect. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawing! It's amazing to see this, because I had the same image in my mind for this week's prompt (a kid in a museum ruining a painting) but changed my mind at the last minute. Needless to say, I love your interpretation! And I love the dad's expression. Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! This would be my worst nightmare. That little girl is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see my two little boys making that!
    Great and funny illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! Glad to see my humor is clear because sometimes I just fall flat. I always worry about that. The feedback I've been getting from posting on IF has been so motivational. Sorry I didn't start sooner. Anyway, glad I hit a cord!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate. I just had my niece in a gallery a few days ago :) The little girl looks so happy to be an artist too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so funny. The little girl is so cute. Love the dad jumping over the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it! Thanks Missy, this piece was so much fun to put together. The dad tripping was the initial idea. I wanted some action going on because of something goofy taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous! Funny, and really well thought out. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca. Thanks for dropping in. Neat blog you have by the way. I do love your doodles. I thought I had a big family with four kids but wow 5 for you! I think that might just send me over the edge, well I guess I really have 5 because my hubby is like a big kid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Giselle, thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your interpretation of this weeks theme, really funny:) I have also been over to your Giselle Musings blog, your paintings are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha this is great. really like the perspective you've chosen. I'm sure every art-loving kid would've done this at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Amanda. great to connect. Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mike, I know if they let me I would have when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Giselle, this is great! I love all the action and it's such an original idea for the theme! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. SMILES :) Alot of Fun! Looking forward to more of your Blog***

    ReplyDelete
  17. The joy of the art "experience..." I love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is too funny, and the gleeful look on the little girls face is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. JooJoo your stuff on your Etsy site is beautiiiiiiful! Glad to connect.

    ReplyDelete