Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Illustration Friday: "Toy"

Bad Teddy, Bad!
11x14" Graphite on Paper
OK so this week I got my illo up by Tuesday, Yay!!  Even though it's just a sketch, concept is the toughest thing for me to come up with and it takes me forevvvvvvvvvvvvvvver.  I thought of a couple of different scenarios to illustrate relating to toys but none of them really did much for me until I was distracted by the never ending battle I have right here in my on house. Sometimes it even seeps into my studio space, argh!!! And that is my 8 and 10 yr old sons' debating or fighting is more like it, over anything and everything. A topic that surfaces on a daily basis is that of who's got the "Best or Better or super better or whatever TOY. Give me strength! Anyway, the famous "Teddy"  with the checkerboard pads/ears was on the agenda and I thought of him fighting with the other toys about who's the best or bestest or super bestest! He's in an extra ornery mood and decides to shove Mr. Rescue Squad off the shelf to have the throne all for himself. Little Alien guy is hiding hoping he's not the next victim. That's it my friends. Hope you like. 

13 comments:

  1. Oh! Great expressions! Love the bad Teddy and his books! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teddy looks evil. Cracks me up. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My 8 yr old son, the owner, laughed when he saw the piece but then said "Hey, my teddy's not evil!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Scary bear! Love the toy falling off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very funny illustration!! Very naice... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, evil Teddy! :) Really cute and funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute and funny. I love that teddy bear and his expression! I also love the book titles and the frightened hiding toy, great stuff. Your finished stir illustration looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evil toys always freak me out. You've done a splendid job of it. Now I'm too scared to go to sleep Eeeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, thanks so much for the feedback! Had so much fun with this one. Looking forward to laying in the color. Might go with oils. Hmmm, decisions, decisions, not sure though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of mischief here! I'd love to take a peek inside those books!
    P.S.
    Thanks for your visit! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! Love the background story here. That Teddy's got a reeeaaal mischievous expression. Love the book titles too, and the little guy cowering in fear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naughty Teddy! :o

    It's nice to see another painter who enjoys illustration, as well; sometimes I feel like an aberration. ;)

    ReplyDelete