Thursday, March 17, 2011

Illustration Friday: "Stir"

Wed Mar 16 :What a "Stir" she caused when she showed up in her Bagatti racer.
18x24" Pencil/Ink Sketch with partial color done digitally

Sat Mar 19 . Below are some color updates and close ups. I'm So Behind!!!!!!!!!











Here's the sketch I came up with for this week's Illustration Friday topic "Stir". I 'll be posting the final color version in pastel hopefully by tomorrow. Ran out of timmmmmmmmme today, argh!!!! Figured I'd put  my main character here in a sportscar, or like my 21 year old son likes to describe it, the most expensive, beautiful set of wheels on earth, a Veyron Bagatti ( it sells for 2million bucks) and if it actually went as fast as the speedometer says it can ( 245 mph) the tires would melt! This time around I wanted to place her in a hipper scenario among her witchy friends. Thought the audacity of her tossing a broom in for a snazzy set of wheels is something that would make heads spin at an annual witches' convention she's attending on the coast of uh, Witch Riviera maybe? They have conventions everywhere and for everything right (work with me here). Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to throwing the color on this one. Until tomorrow then.

10 comments:

  1. Your artwork is beautiful and the characters have such great expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love your paintings on your other blog, too! Maybe because I grew up in the Hudson Valley...a little north of some of your paintings, but such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun image. I really like the "Broom Park". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE this. I love the humor in it..."Broom Park!" great one!!!!!have a grea day! heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! I love the idea of "broom park" :)
    Happy St. Patrick's day!
    MiKa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The witch who's chucked in her broom... for wheels ?! (Now that's original) I'd trade in my crusty old broom too, but I think they'd only offer me an old matchbox car with a wheel or two missing. Obviously, my broom has no magical qualities.
    I can't wait to see this finished. I love your pictures on your other blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you guys like it. Thanks so much for stopping by! Curious to see what today's topic is for Illustration Friday. I still have to finish this piece first though!

    ReplyDelete