Friday, October 09, 2009

A Little Revamping


Hi everyone! Some of you know me from when I started this blog a few years back and others I haven't introduced myself to at all to. My apologies for that. I'm Giselle McMenamin a fellow artist that dabbles in children's book illustation as well as fine art. I took a hiatus from this blog while I focused on getting my fine art portfolio a bit more polished. I've gotten that much done and am presently exhibiting my work along with doing my masters in studio art. I'm taking a course in illustration with Bruce Waldman a great professor to say the least. Anyway, I've been inspired to develop my witch character ( that's her up there) further because of him mainly and put together a book dummy to send out to publishers. I very much hope you all can continue to participate and post your works on here in an effort to receive good feedback and support from me as well as I from you. I'm going to make the blog public once again like it was in its infancy in order to get more interaction from other sources and promote ourselves as children's book illustrators. Anyone that wishes to have their previous posts removed because of privacy issues please let me know and I will delete them. Let me know your thoughts and whether you'd like to stay on board. Just wanted to let everyone know that it will be going public in two weeks. Looking forward to to seeing your work on here!!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Giselle! Wow it's great to see the witch again! She is awesome as is all of your work! The timing of this just stinks though because we have only lately decided that we were not getting enough particpation on this blog. Most of us have been psoting on another one that Lisa has been involved in. Would you join us there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny,

    Thanks Penny! Always great to hear from you. Sounds good though. Glad to hear everything is moving along for you guys! No problem though. I will still welcome your input so just let me know if you want to stay on as a participant or just as an occassional commenter. Also, I need to know if you need me to delete anything on here? As much as I would hate to! Your work is wonderful. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to stay on as an occasional commenter- sometimes I'm unable to post weekely but I'd love to see your work! Don't worry about deleting anything of mine at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok great then. Glad to know I can have your work on display here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Giselle - great to see you back again - and that wonderful witch! I'd love to stay on as an occaisonal commenter, but, not sure about posting anything too new if you're going public in a couple of weeks. I may occaisonally post something here and there though, if it's okay. As far as deleting anything, feel free to delete whatever you need to of mine - especially the Spike dummy stuff. Good luck with everything and nice to see you back into the world of Children's illustration! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris. yes by all means of course you can post on here whenever you want. I just want to be sure though, do you want me to delete your Spike dummy stuff? It's up to you totally. I would love to have as much archives on here as possible but certainly let me know.Your stuff is so wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debbie, got your email. Thanks, yes I would love for you to stay on as commenter/occassional post. Wenever you see a need by all means post! I will go ahead and take the Drake Dummy sketches off of here for you though no problem. Glad to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Giselle-- I'm fine with you leaving my posts on here unless you want to take them off- either way! I didn't have a lot on the site to begin with. I'd be happy to stay on for an occasional post, though it would be infrequent, at this stage. Many thanks! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete