Monday, May 19, 2008

Working on getting another adjunct college job

Hi ladies,

Sorry to say I wasn't able to work on my book dummy this week. I am on the other hand working on getting another adjunct teaching position at our community college here in Rockland. Just found out through the grapevine that some openings are going into effect for this summer and Fall in their art department so I pounced on the opportunity and sent out a cover letter and updated resume. At this stage in my life I have to try to get as much employment as possible with my son Tommy going to college in September and my daughter Caitlin the following year! Anyway hope everyone else is back on board for this week and there are some beautiful children's book illo's to see. Have a great week my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck Giselle with the college job. I can totally relate. We have two kids in college right now and are helping out my aging parents as well. I am thinking I will have to go out and get a job outside home soon too.

    Let us know what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too, had two in college at the same time. The hardest part was the distance between the two schools when both needed something from home right away. I did a lot of driving then.

    Good luck with the possible new position. Just remember that your time and health are important too, and if this looks like it is going to carve away at the time you need for yourself and your family, you may want to negotiate how many hours you are going to teach. Gosh, I sound like you already have the job....

    If you need references, you can have 8 or 9 right here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Ginger!

    Hi Giselle, I have to say, I don't know how you do it all. I'd be insane by now if I were you, yet you seem to thrive beautifully.

    At least you are looking for a job that keeps you involved in what you love to do...art. I wish you all the best. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Giselle, I will miss seeing Samson this week but please don't work too hard! I have to say, college scares me! My oldest just turned 13 so I'm not too far off! Good luck with the new job possibility but don't take on too much- we need you here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Giselle,

    I'm with the other girls, I don't know how you would have time for another teaching job! You are amazing to be able to carry so much, I hope your children know what a great mother they have! Good luck, I'm sure with all your experience you will get it.

    JOni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Giselle -
    Good luck with those college art jobs! They sound great - and hopefully you'll be able make money for the kids colleges and have time to get your books out there! Your work is so beautiful - and if you keep at it, I'm sure you'll be able to make that just as successful.
    Have fun and see you on the blog - Monday. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete