Monday, May 12, 2008

Color Sketch



Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend! We had a double whammy here. My 7 yr old, Evan, had his First Holy Communion on Saturday and then of course Mother's Day on Sunday. Phew! Didn't think I'd make it! Much fun was had but to tell you the truth I'm quite happy (and exhausted) Monday rolled around so that I could focus on my art. I didn't get anything new done other than pull up this color sketch I think I'm going to turn into a party scene for my Samson story. This will be where he brings gifts to all of the little forest friends he meets during his initial escapade outside the confines of his glass tank. I know he doesn't look like my other Samson but it's just the concept I'm working on at this stage. Let me know your thoughts my friends. Have a highly productive week!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This should make a wonderful Illustration for a party!
    I wish I could see it larger, but hopefully we will if you include it in your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want to see it larger but it looks wonderful! I know you will create a beautiful painting out of this very funny sketch.
    Congratulations to your son! My sone made his last year and my daughter be next year. Communions are such wonderful milestones. I hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giselle -
    I love this and I think it will make a great party scene for - Samson - great idea! The colors are bright and cheery too - which will make a good contrast to the dark grays/greens while he's trapped in his tank.
    Mothers day weekend was a big one for us too - it was all about mom - all weekend - but, well worth it as you never know how long they'll be around.
    Hope this weekend settles down a little for you- but, is still full of sun and fun. Happy painting -Chris

    ReplyDelete