Monday, December 03, 2007

A little more pastel



Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm feeling much better now and had a great weekend myself! The grand opening of the community center where I'll be working in January went really well. I had tons of fun teaching my workshops and getting people interested in taking a course with moi! I had lots of my work displayed so they could know more about me from cartoon funny faces so the kids could learn about facial expressions to still lifes and portraits to show the adults what my course offerings were about. It was a huge turn out considering we had 2 inches of snow fall that morning. Nevertheless they came in droves so everyone was happy. Anyway I had to put Tortoise on the back burner so I could prepare and did this still life. Sorry I don't have any children's illo's to post but hopefully it will be another story for next week. Hope everyone has a wonderfully productive week!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Giselle -
    I love this pastel - it's so soft and cherry. With this Winter weather upon us, it's nice to see flowers again - and I do love a still life done with feeling.
    Some still life's can look very still and boring, but, the good ones, like yours, have life and wonder to them - nice job! I love those colors.
    I'm glad you got over the flu - that was a nasty one going around, wasn't it? We still have some left over sinus yuckage going on, and trying to eat as much as we can to get our energy back too.
    We got 1 foot of snow up here in Vermont and it looks we are all getting more for Sunday! Yeah! love it, as long as I don't have to shovel it.:)
    Anywho, looking forward to seeing Samson again one day - until then, congrats on your art classes and workshops! I'll be starting some up with our local art center in January, which as you know - lot's of work, but, it's so much fun teaching and sharing what we love - and inspiring too.
    Good luck with everything and take care of you. Best, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Giselle!
    So glad to hear your opening went well! Adults and children alike will be very lucky to take courses from you and I'm sure they'll go just great! Your still life is really lovely, too. I've always thought that pastels are one of the most difficult mediums to master and you make it look easy! Great job and I'm definitley looking forward to more tortoise adventures!! :)

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete