Monday, November 05, 2007

Getting ready to teach !!!

Hi ladies!,

Sorry to say I have no new work to post this week. I've been very busy getting ready for my new teaching job that's going to start in the beginning of December though. I'm extremely excited about it but very nervous to say the least. First time teaching adults so it should be a real learning experience. I visited the new location where the organization I'll be working for will be moving to and boy was that impressive. All shiny and new with great lighting and beautiful wooded areas where I can take my students outside ( weather permitting) and sketch, yay, I love that! I've been given the opportunity to start from scratch and furnish the artroom with the works! I just have to let them know what I'll need and go from there. Of course I'm in the midst of figuring out all the details so I'm a little overwhelmed right now. It's kind of bad timing with the holidays coming up but I said yes very enthusiastically to the job offer so there's no looking back now. Anyway I'm off to bed early tonight so I can get a fresh start in the morning. Have a great and productive week everyone. Goodnight

4 comments:

  1. Giselle, you're going to love it! I get so much more from my adult class then I give them. They are wonderful and so dedicated to having fun with their work. You know, we are always so driven to succeed, that sometimes we forget to loosen up and have fun with it.(At least I do.)
    My 8 adult students are a joy to be with and so talented. We all get along well and we often go out for lunch together after class. Field trips are a blast!
    I wish you all the best...enjoy!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giselle,

    It sounds like this class is going to be so much fun! I would be so intimidated to be teaching adults, I would feel like they should be teaching me. I hope someday I can get to the point where I would feel comfortable teaching an adult class. Your going to have a great time, can't wait to hear more about it!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Giselle -
    Congrats on your new teaching job and on being able to set up your own art class studio! I love buying art materials -don't you?
    Have fun and I'm sure you'll make it through the holidays just fine. Keep on painting - and good luck with the Red Riding Hood submissions! - Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congratulations on your new job! Its something that's always intrigued me myself, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

    Have fun!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete