Monday, October 22, 2007

Just Promos!

Hi everyone,

Sorry to say I have no new artwork to post this week. I am working vigorously on promotional stuff though so I feel good about that. I just recieved the latest 2008 Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Market so I've been updating my mailing list and double checking everything. I really have never sent out sample packets, mainly just postcards. So this is a big step for me. The book dummy going out and this feels great. Thanks again for all of your feedback last week. Glad to see everyone seems to be enjoying this critique group as much as me! Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Giselle,

    I am so impressed with your mailer..great job! It looks VERY professional and I think editors will be hanging on to this one.

    I'm right there with you when it comes to sending out your dummy book. It's both exhilerating and frightening all at the same time.

    I wish you the best of luck, you'll soon be on your way with more work than you can handle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giselle -
    Good luck with sending everything out! It's good to re-check everything, like you're doing, especially since Mercury is in retrograde until the 1st week of Nov.. I think it will go direct around the 2nd or 3rd.
    Until then, things have a chance to get lost in the mail or mixed up, etc... The good news is, it's only a week away.
    Well, that's all I know for now - Congrats - and can't wait to hear good news - perhaps by this time next month! :) Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! You just reminded me of all I have to do, too! Good for you for keeping on top of things and that very necessary step of advertising yourself, I've been so bad lately! Your promo and dummy are just wonderful, I'm sure you'll be getting lots of great feedback soon!

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Giselle,

    Good job on getting all that promo stuff out! I know its a huge job and, for me, not particularly the fun part of illustrating. But it definitely feels good once you do it:-)

    Joni

    ReplyDelete