Monday, May 28, 2007

Getting Closer to the Finish Line!

Revised Version of Encounter

Old Version of Encounter
Hi Ladies!
I was hoping to get this up here earlier today but like most of you the holiday kept me from working on my art. Excuses excuses right? The weekend was very relaxing I must say, thus the late posting! Anyway I'm running on empty here and just wanted to show you this revised piece I did today(actually this is the second revision but who's counting at this point) and hope you can let me know if it works better with the text inside the illo. I like the two characters closer together as in the top piece. I think it creates more tension, but of course that's for you to judge. I have a couple of more pages to revise before I send this off and am very much focusing on the light at the end of the tunnel!! OK I'll stop using the word "revised". Thanks in advance.











3 comments:

  1. Hey Giselle!
    I do like your revision and the "tension" you have successfully created. I'm almost wondering if perhaps creating more of a diagnol would add even more tension and interest to the composition. What if Red were smaller/lower on the page she's on now, and the wolf were looking down on her more? This would leave room at the top above Red for the words, create a nice diagnol, and add even more of a sense of foreboding with Wolfie looking down on Red like she's reeeeally in trouble now! Just a thought, but your drawing is very well done, as usual.

    Woo hoo, you're almost there! :)

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giselle,
    I like the new version. I agree with Gina. I think I would make Red smaller and lower to make the wolf really feel threatening. I really like how we can see more of Red's expression in the new piece as well. We can really tell she is scared.
    looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Giselle -
    Looking good! I like the second version of the wolf and the way you've croped the images on seperate pages - the space around the images really make a nice difference.
    I agree with Gina that a more diagonal perspective from Red's point of view could increase the tension. I have to say though, that I like Red's expression,(esecially her eyes,) her face, hair and the hood in the first illustration better - she really looks frightened. I think if you combine the old version of Red, along with your new layout and new wolf, and the angle suggested, it will really add some nice tension and drama. Hope this makes sense.
    I like the way you draw these - they're beautiful drawings and this will make a great dummy. I know you're in a hurry - but, good things take time. And there might be something that you might think about tomorrow or next week, that you would not have tought of today. So, enjoy and have fun - Good luck. Chris

    ReplyDelete