Sunday, March 25, 2007

Reworking and more reworking!


Redrawn sketch


Close up on redrawn sketch



Page 11 and 12



Page 13 and 14

Page 15 and 16
Redrawn expression on wolf




Hi gals,

Thanks for all the great feedback on last week's work. I will be working on all the points suggested and reposting so you can see my updates, but for now I've redrawn a previous piece ,that is the top one here, that I posted a couple of months back and hope it's gotten better! Don't know if you all remember it but whatever feedback you can give would be great. I've also redrawn the wolf's expression on page 15 and hopefully made him more menacing looking. All the text has been updated and in some parts completely rewritten so let me know what you think and if there are any typo's etc. I know right off the bat after looking at all of these layouts on one page that I need to make the tonality of the illo's more consistant so some don't look so washed out while others look too "contrasty". It's funny there's so much you don't notice until it all starts to come together. Looking forward to critiquing and seeing everyone's artwork for this week.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Giselle,
    These look great! That is one hungry wolf.

    On page 11 - 12, it doesn't have that flower garden sort of feeling yet. It feels a bit to sparce at this point. This is the one page where I would think you could be really ornate - example flowers flowing up and down around the text to create a foreground AND background of flowers. I think if you do this judiciously that it won't compete with the girl.

    I absolutely love all the details that you have put in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giselle -
    I love the redrawn piece of the wolf - and the saliva drooling out of his mouth gives the perfect effect. I like the house drawing too, you've done a nice job with it - I like how you worked out the tree over the house as well.
    I see what Carlyn is saying about the other spread with Red holding the flower, some more foliage will decorate the page nicely.
    I love the granny in the bed - that spread is looking good too.
    Have fun, as it looks like you are! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Giselle!
    Snowy and Granny look great. Loving both "over the wolf's shoulder" views, especially the drool and great tonal qualities you brought to the house on the right. I agree with adding some floral touches on the Red scene, it would be a very nice addition I think. Overall, really great job! You must be close to done, no? Any idea when you'll be getting this bad oscar out there? I'm sure you'll get a great response! :)

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Giselle!
    Snowy and Granny look great. Loving both "over the wolf's shoulder" views, especially the drool and great tonal qualities you brought to the house on the right. I agree with adding some floral touches on the Red scene, it would be a very nice addition I think. Overall, really great job! You must be close to done, no? Any idea when you'll be getting this bad oscar out there? I'm sure you'll get a great response! :)

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Giselle,
    I really love the contrast in the page 14. The shading is very nice and really makes the cottage stand out nicely.I would definitely add more flowers to the 11 - 12 page spread. Not getting that oh so flowery feeling. These are really coming along great! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete