Saturday, January 13, 2007

Redo on Granny Piece

Hi Gals!

Thanks for the feedback on last week's wolf piece. Will definitely work on the eyebrows on both the wolf and the dove to exagerate the expressions more. Great suggestion.
On another note I did some work on the piece below this week to see if I can finally finish up my book dummy and get it out there. Originally I had the wolf right outside Granny's bedroom window (bottom piece)and her resting comfortably in her bed unaware of her fate. In my updated version I've gotten rid of the window and added extra furnishings and have her more involved in the scene. In this later version she's actually calling out to Little Red thinking she's knocking at the door and her dove, Snowy, is tooting and screeching at the window frantic looking at the wolf face to face in the other room (last week's piece)! Let me know your thoughts they are always very helpful!!!

New Version/ Close up




New Version




Old Version
New Version

4 comments:

  1. Hi Giselle,
    I like the new version much bettr. The focus is really on Granny. I like the composition much better with the chair as well instead of the door.The dresser and all the things on it is a nice touch too.
    She's got a good expression on her face in the close up. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with light in this one as well as color.
    Nice so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giselle,
    I like granny's expression - and although I like the wolf's tail in the window - I like the idea of Snowy the dove screamin and granny not noticing the danger.
    Great idea and good luck with this! Best, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new version better too but I do love the wolf tail in the old version too. I think what really improves in the new version is you have framed granny perfectly - ie. where the bed starts, the night stand that stops your eye so that you are forced to focus on granny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, Giselle! I, too, like this latest version best! The only thing I'm wondering is, is this a double page spread as shown here? And if so, where will Snowy come into the scene? I would just like to see all of this on one spread to add to the excitement but of course it's hard to tell sometimes from sketches how it will all get layed out in the end.

    On a funny side note, I had a crazy dream about you last night! Isn't that weird? Nothing particularly bizarre happened except I was walking down some suburban street trying to find downtown when all of a sudden you walked out of this house and I saw you and immediately knew it was you! So I came in and we chatted for a while, I saw your studio, etc, and then went on my way. Weird, huh? Just thought I'd share! :)

    Can't wait to see it all finished, Giselle! Keep up the great work!

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete