Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Another update on Giselle's Little Red






Just thought I'd post another update so you could let me know if I'm going in the right direction with the stone road? Is it too much? Too busy too distracting? I enlarged the hood more and and deepened the shadows of the cape overall. My daughter pointed out to me that the two middle fingers on the hand up in the air got a bit small. This is do to trying to make the hand pop more by darkening the sky around it. I ate up some of the fingers ! Will fix that. Anyway, any little "yes " or "no's", "looks ok" would be great. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Looking good... are you going to darken her shadow on the cobbles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good so far. I'm a big fan of texture so no, I don't think the detailing of the stones will be too much. I would like to see them get a bit darker/richer as they getter closer to us. Not only will that give them a sense of realism but I'm afraid if they stay the color they are now as we get closer to her skirt, they will appear too close in color. And I agree with Sarah here, definitley give some more punch to the shadow (can you tell I'm a fan of shadows?!) ;) if you weren't planning on it already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The road looks just fine to me. The texture seems just right in that it doesn't demand attention or take away from the figure of the dancing girl. It does the job of giving enough negative space to lead the eye from her through to the activity of the figures in the background. I think sometimes when I spend so much time on one element of the drawing it really becomes my focus but here I don't see the texture of the any unwanted emphasis. I think you have given the figure some three dimensionality with the addition of the shadow. Its really coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the additional texture of the stones. I didn't think it was necessary before, but now I see that darkening the road like that makes it lay down flat and give the scene more dimension. Nice job! And so, along those lines, it would probably look good to darken up the rest of the road, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone,
    I'm definitely going to darken her shadow on the road. And finish up the rest of the cobblestones. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete